There are many reasons why you should want to remove toxins from your body. And there are several ways to removing toxins from the body.Our organs of elimination work tirelessly to get rid of waste and toxins that could affect your health. A heavy toxin deposits in our body can cause various ailments such as constipation, poor digestion, diverticulitis, hemorrhoids, ulcers, etc.
Besides these conditions, such as eczema, acne, psoriasis also appears to be on the skin. The deposits of heavy metal toxicity in our body can also show signs of dementia. Foggy thinking, memory loss, and mood changes are conditions that show in the cognitive function.
Besides this Hormone imbalances, women show PMS and endometriosis where men show elevated estrogen levels, and lower sperm counts can also occur from body toxins. Below are some of the detox habits that can prevent them from becoming overloaded in our bodies.
1. Drink lemon water as soon as you get up
Many people drink a glass of water with a squeeze of lemon in the morning … and it makes sense. Despite its acid taste, lemon is a highly alkalizing fruit and, therefore, detoxifying. For very few calories, it provides you with a generous amount of potassium, vitamin C, and flavonoids, all of the nutrients that contribute to the proper functioning of the purification mechanisms that the body itself sets in motion.
In addition, by raising citrate levels in the urine, lemon juice reduces the formation of stones in the urinary system (in the kidneys and bladder). If you don’t strain the juice, it even adds a bit of fiber. A valuable antioxidant, d-limonene, is concentrated in the skin, which stimulates the functions of both the liver and the gallbladder and helps eliminate not only toxins but also harmful fats.
Take it like this:
- To counteract the acidity, you can add some mint leaves to your lemon water or lightly sweeten it with your favorite alternative to sugar.
- You can also grate a little of the lemon skin and add it, as long as you are using organic lemons.
2. Fill your shopping cart with organic products
The best way to help your body stay toxin-free and organs like your liver can function better are to choose “clean” foods and minimize exposure to toxic substances in the home. By choosing organic food you not only avoid ingesting pesticides that can be allergens, neurotoxic, or carcinogens, but also a wide variety of additives. Most often also you get more nutrients such as vitamin C.
If, in addition to food, you incorporate your cleaning and personal hygiene products into your ecological purchase, you will save exposure to substances such as formaldehyde, petroleum derivatives, parabens, ammonia, and many other substances that affect your health and that can sometimes easily accumulate in the organism.
With apple cider vinegar, baking soda, and lemons you will have a large part of the cleaning of the house covered. As for hygiene and cosmetic products, there are many brands of natural and organic cosmetics. They are as effective as their conventional equivalents, but in addition to taking care of your skin or hair, they take care of your health.
3. An apple for mid-morning or for a snack
The apple fiber, pectin, is a great ally of our purification organs. Pectin is a carbohydrate that is not absorbed in the intestine and forms most of what we call soluble fiber. By retaining water, it forms a kind of gel or emulsion that absorbs waste in the intestine and facilitates the elimination of toxins with the stool.
It helps you eliminate sodium ions, helps against constipation, and promotes the purification of the liver, whose congestion causes many skin conditions; it facilitates the elimination of uric acid with the urine and helps to eliminate toxins produced by the bacteria that cause gastroenteritis and colitis.
- Pectin is concentrated mainly in the skin, so it is preferable to eat the apple without peeling.
- When buying, choose organic apples instead: pesticides also accumulate on the skin.
- Other fruits give you pectins, such as peaches, blueberries, and citrus.
4. Put more raw in your diet
Raw vegetables are the foundation of any detox diet. They contain enzymes that facilitate digestion and improve the assimilation of nutrients. Without following a special cleansing diet, including several servings of raw fruits and vegetables, a day is essential to contribute to the proper functioning of our body, including the cleansing organs.
There are many nutrients that intervene in the purification processes and that are better preserved in raw foods than in cooked foods: vitamin C, those of group B, sulfur compounds, minerals such as zinc or selenium … A diet Don’t forget raw fruits and vegetables ensures you get essential nutrients for everything to go well.
The techniques of raw cuisine can give you ideas to incorporate into your most empowering raw food menus maximum availability of nutrients and improve their digestibility.
5. Take care of your emotional world
Stress inflames, oxidizes, and reduces our body’s defenses. We attribute it to a hectic lifestyle and this is undoubtedly its part to blame, but the deep origin of stress lies in unintegrated emotions that activate repetitive physical and psychic responses. In a situation of acute stress, the body secretes adrenaline and norepinephrine in order to cope with the situation.
It increases the heartbeat, the respiratory rate, and the blood pressure, but decreases the gastric secretion. The liver releases glucose, and the pancreas, insulin. However, when you are constantly in “emergency mode”, the body’s reactions and the substances it releases into the bloodstream are not only ineffective in coping with the situation but ultimately very harmful. The constant secretion of cortisol and catecholamines inflames, oxidizes, and ages the body.
Sugar levels rise, blood pressure rises, some metabolic activities are slowed, and the immune system is suppressed. Taking care of your own emotional world and taking stress reduction seriously by slowing down or practicing some psychophysical technique reduces the constant barrage of chemical substances that flood our body and that the liver has so much trouble eliminating.
It is no coincidence that traditional Ayurvedic medicine links emotions such as anger, fear, or sadness with the main cleansing organs: the liver, kidneys, and lungs.
6. A daily teaspoon of turmeric
The interesting thing is to benefit from curcumin, an antioxidant that is considered anti-inflammatory and anticancer and that is, without a doubt, its most valuable component. Curcumin protects the tissues of our body from free radicals, reducing inflammation and promoting their regeneration, and acts especially on the liver, our main purification organ.
It reduces the accumulation of fat in the liver and helps reduce cholesterol levels. More than high doses, it requires perseverance. The simple gesture of adding it to your daily repertoire will help your liver function better and act as a great preventative on many levels.
Take it like this:
- Always accompany it with a little pepper and some fat (coconut oil, olive …) to make it easier for you to assimilate the curcumin.
- You can add it to rice, soups, stews, sauteed, prepare golden milk, or even simply dilute it in a glass of water.
7. Don’t give up on your half-hour of exercise
The sweat is one of the ways the body to eliminate waste substances, but you can encourage it in other ways apart from exercising. For example, with the sauna or the Ayurvedic bath.
In reality, the cleansing benefits of exercise go far beyond the necessary perspiration:
- Exercise activates the lungs and oxygenates us.
- It improves blood and lymphatic circulation, which makes our organs more efficient.
- As soon as you drink water to replace what you have lost, you start up your kidneys, great filters of the body.
- It improves intestinal transit and combats constipation, which prevents stool from becoming stagnant in the intestines and facilitates the work of this other great purifying organ.
- It increases the efficiency of glutathione, an antioxidant that is largely generated by the body itself and that plays a fundamental role in detoxification processes.
- According to a study by the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, Published online 2018 Mar 30, physical exercise activates a detoxification mechanism that protects against depression. Specifically, it helps the body get rid of kynurenine, a substance that increases with stress and is related to depression. With exercise, especially aerobic, muscles produce an enzyme that converts kynurenine into kynurenic acid, which is easier to eliminate.
8. Set the “a minimum 3-day” rule
Make a list of cleansing foods and choose the ones you like best. Among the foods on the list, aim to include at least 3 a day in your meals. It is an easy and practical way to help your elimination organs day by day, almost without realizing it and enjoying what you like.
Some foods are especially recommended to stimulate liver or kidney function: sprouts, garlic, ginger, broccoli, dandelion, lettuce, arugula, and other green leaves in general, blueberries, celery, apple, turmeric, apple cider vinegar …
9. Stimulate your circulation with a dry brush
Rubbing dry skin with a brush or glove before showering acts as a powerful circulatory stimulus, both of blood and lymph, which favors the purification and elimination of toxic substances and fats.
How to do it:
- Pressure: move the brush over the skin with moderate and firm pressure, without lifting it.
- Towards the heart: always move the brush in the same direction, from the extremities towards the heart.
- Coldwater last: the stimulus is much more effective if cold water is applied afterward, so make sure to finish the shower by lowering the temperature for a few seconds.
10 Put probiotics in your life
We will not tire of insisting on the importance of a balanced microbiota for health. An abundant and varied community of “good” bacteria will allow you to better assimilate the nutrients in the foods you eat and will take care of keeping harmful bacteria and yeast at bay.
These not only make you more prone to infection, but they release toxins that go into the bloodstream. Many are the factors that influence the balance of your microbiota, such as stress or your consumption of prebiotic or fiber-rich foods. Now, you can also supply your intestines with good bacteria directly.
How to incorporate them:
- Probiotic foods: You have foods that are rich in beneficial bacteria, such as sauerkraut, kefir, yogurts, kimchi, and other fermented foods.
- Probiotic supplements: at times when you need an extra boost (if you are forced to take antibiotics or feel especially vulnerable to infection) you can also take a supplement with several strains of bacteria. Better take it separate from meals.
11. Join the green juice movement
They are the star of detox cures, but why not include one in your day today to take advantage of their cleansing effect and nutritive concentration in small doses?
They will help you increase your consumption of raw vegetables throughout the day and above all give you the opportunity to add a few green leaves that are bitter or rich in sulfur compounds that stimulate liver function, such as arugula, cilantro, dandelion, milk thistle, red clover, turmeric or kale, and other cabbages.
You can choose to make them in a blender or, better yet, in a cold-press machine. Or blend the ingredients with a powerful mixer to enjoy them with all the fiber, if you tolerate it well.
12. A handful of red fruits a day
Berries are rich in anthocyanins, a group of antioxidant pigments whose benefits are worth pursuing. Anthocyanins contribute to their antioxidant action to protect the liver from damage caused by toxic substances, including alcohol. They have also been shown to help improve cholesterol levels.
You’ll find anthocyanins in other purple vegetables, like eggplant or oak leaf lettuce. However, berries generally have an antioxidant activity much higher than other foods. You can take them as a snack, add to mueslis or salads or, why not, make them an ingredient in your shakes and smoothies.
Munir Khan’s invention ‘Body Revival’ is a Micro-Herbal, 100% plant based formula which dissolves the harmful deposits and flushes out the toxins (Mala) through urine and stool. It also maintains and revives the tissue cells in their state of excellent health by clearing all the channels of circulation in the body, thus, bringing the body in the state of equilibrium and forcing the disease to abandon the body in the form of various excretions (Mala).
Body Revival is an amazing combination of Ayurveda and modernization which relieves the ailing body from the side effects of other medicines, therapies, pollutants and toxins.