Cancer is a disease caused by the disproportionate growth of abnormal cells in different tissues of the body. This abnormality is caused by a serious lack of oxygen at the cellular level.
More than an inherited disease, is an epigenetic disease, that is to say that it originates from external causes (stress, pollution, radiation, chemicals, food, among others) that alter the DNA (or genetic information). This is why epigenetics is so important, because it explains the direct influence of these elements in the way systems work in our body.
Ayurvedic Medicine is one of the oldest medicines in the world. Originated in India, it bases its principles on the importance of disease prevention and treatment through a healthy and balanced diet and lifestyle. Have you ever wondered why the East has the lowest population rate affected by this complex disease? Yes, it occurs 3 times less than in the West. This medicine allows a comprehensive treatment of cancer, as it emphasizes foods that have anti-cancer properties, reducing the formation of vessels that form tumors, and optimizing the body's immune reaction.
Here are some preventive tips:
- Eradicate refined sugars and flours from your diet because their consumption "suffocates" the cells, that is, they lose alkalinity (oxygen). If you are a sweet lover, and you think that aspartame, better known as splenda, is a good replacement for conventional sugar, it is useful for you to know that carcinogenic properties have been detected in this ingredient, so think carefully the next time you Consider as part of your diet. This does not imply that you should refrain from foods made with flour, or that have a sweet taste, at all! You can consume good quality honey flours, breads, pasta and brown rice, as well as quinoa, oatmeal, ground corn arepa, among many more healthy options.
- Increase the consumption of fruits between meals, as its vitamin, nutritional and antioxidant properties are ideal for alkalizing all the cells in your body. Keep in mind to consume them before or after a main meal, not as part of them, because in this way you allow their adequate absorption. Some anticancer fruits: soursop, guava, yellow fruits, red fruits, grapes, among many more.
"You can consume them raw, steamed or sauteed."
- As you well know, vegetables are an excellent complement to your diet. You can consume them raw, steamed or sauteed. Try not to boil them overheat them. It is key that you add vegetable oils to vegetables, as they help the body to assimilate them in a more optimal way, as they lubricate the digestive tract, and provide beneficial fatty acids to treat stomach and intestinal inflammations. Recommended vegetables and oils: celery, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, carrot, asparagus, onion, paprika, mushrooms. Oils of: olive, sesame or sacha inchi virgins.
- It avoids the maximum consumption of dairy products and proteins of animal origin, especially red meat (beef, pork). From the point of view of oriental medicines, these foods are difficult to digest. Foods that are not digested properly become toxic producing excess acids in the body and inflammatory processes which delays the proper metabolic functioning. In addition, it is important to keep in mind that today animals are fed and raised improperly. The foods they receive are toxic and live under conditions of deep stress.
- Increase the use of spices or natural dressings. Many of the herbs we commonly use to dress and flavor foods contain anti-cancer properties. These spices can be added to the food we prepare or can be consumed as infusions. Among the recommended spices are: garlic, ginger, pepper, turmeric, rosemary, peppermint, mint, oregano, basil, turmeric and green tea.
- Avoid the consumption of packaged products (doritos, package potatoes, hams, sausages, box juices, among others), as they contain high amounts of preservatives and fertilizers, which are extremely toxic to your body. It is preferable that you consume organic foods, that is, they have been grown naturally without fertilizers or pesticides, because in this way you avoid the consumption of transgenic foods. Another tip is to eat freshly prepared meals, avoid overheating them, as this alters their nutritional properties.
So you know, any type of cancer is treatable if you have your time and will to improve your eating habits and in general, to internalize new changes in your life, because we ourselves have the power to change our reality.